Internet Marketing is a collection of many strategies to do business over the internet. However, it does not only involve marketing through the internet, it also involves variations like through e-mail messages and mobile devices. Also called e-marketing, this type of business approach is usually promotional in nature. However, as the technology today permits the payment of services and products through the internet, many businesses have opened online shops that cater to online customers. This tied the gaps and broadened the customer population for many businesses.
There are many forms that involve this marketing policy, these are the following:
• Display Advertising- this is the mere posting of ads on different websites that promote the services or products.
• Search Engine Marketing- through the use of Search Engine Optimization, the companies or enterprises are able to increase their visibility through certain methods that apply the use of keywords, tags, etc.
• Social Media Marketing- this is process of using social media networks like Facebook and Twitter to attract customers.
• Email Marketing- this uses electronic messages to send promotional texts to a certain recipient.
• Referral Marketing- as the term says, this involves promoting a product or service through referrals.
• Affiliate Marketing- this is a method where a company gives compensation to an affiliate or a website for every customer he or she brings to the company with his or her own marketing techniques.
• Inbound Marketing- this involves using blogs to share information about the company that could attract the customers.
• Video Marketing- it involves using multimedia presentations to promote and sell the company’s product and services.
Also, advantages can be pulled when using this type of modern marketing strategy.
• Relatively inexpensive. Compared to marketing outside the internet, the company only uses a minimum amount of resources with the maximum amount of profit.
• Widens the population of prospective customers. Through the internet, businesses break the physical boundaries of the outside world and are able to reach customers that are out of their reach when not on the internet.
• Convenient for both. This gives accessibility to customers about the product or service information with just a few clicks in the internet. Also, the company uses only a limited amount of manpower to operate the online market. This gives no hassles with either the customer or the company.
• Marketers are able to measure their progress. Through the use of online and offline applications, companies can track their expenses and profit. This allows them to analyze if they are earning money or not.
• Wide variety of marketing methods. Many methods of internet marketing allow companies to further reach to various online users to become prospective customers.